Friday 8 April 2011

Toonie Pillow Cover Makeover

I will start off by asking you kind reader, how much the average price for a pillow is. I don't know what the answer is, to be honest, but I am sure that the average would be somewhere between $15- $20. Well, in this little story, I would like to tell you about a little, simple linen pillow cover makeover. The other great thing is that it only cost me a fraction of the cost.

(source)

I am so excited to write about this project. The pillow covers cost me....wait for it.....wait for it...$2 ( a toonie here in Canada, eh?). On a recent trip to Dollarama (yes, I know Dollarama, but sometimes you find good deals-like this one), I found these quite pretty linen pillow covers. I was quite impressed with them and since I neither own a sewing machine or know how to sew a pillow cover, I knew I had come across a great find. Not only do they come in a pretty light beige colour, but also in brown, tourquoise and grey.



They look very nice just plain like that, with a thin linen feel. I knew there was something missing though and after browsing through my craft bucket, found a fabric marker. Hmmm, the possibilities...endless. I took the fabric pen....and ...voila. What do you think? Do you like it?



I think it is very pretty and it has enough character, to say I am not just a plain, unloved, beige Dollorama pillow cover, but a sophisticated, simple pillow cover that just got some lovin.


That is my $2 pillow cover find and makeover. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you will make your own little creation. Send me pics if you did and I will post them here.

Have a magnificent Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Can you get fabric pens in different colours? And how did you put the design on? Was it a stencil?

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn,

    Thanks for the comment. You can get fabric pens in lots of different colours and they are pretty inexpensive. I drew the design on. I didn't use a stencil, but you could definitely use one and draw whatever you want on it. Have a great day. B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...