Thursday 4 August 2011

3D DIY Butterfly Artwork

What do you do with huge empty walls? How do you decorate them? Well, when I came across the amazing artwork of Paul Villinski, I thought I had the answer. And of course, since budget is a must in my neck of the woods, I starting thinking how I could make my own. But, how do you attach pins to your walls? Well, I haven't figured out that trick, but I found another adaptation.

What you will need: canvas, cork roll, butterfly hole punch, pins, glue gun.

I bought a large canvas and used that as my background. Then, I used a spray adhesive to attach the cork roll to the back of the canvas.


I bought a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and started punching away. I used different size punches.

I decided to use little pins and used the glue gun to attach the pins. I used regular hemming pins.

Last on the list was to create my design. And there you have it.



Like I mentioned in the post yesterday, I don't think I am quite finished yet, but I think it turned out ok. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. It's fabulous! Please take a closer up view so we can all be insanely jealous of your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, thank you so much. I didn't take any close up shots, because I am not sure if I will leave it as is or take it all down and make it larger. I will keep you posted though. Thanks again. Your are too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barbara! I tried and the outcome wasn't bad. I am quite happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...