Monday 19 September 2011

My New BFF

Good morning everyone! Here is another Monday and I am so excited and happy to be back. Last week, was a big bummer as both my munchkin and I were sick and he still is. I was hoping it wouldn't last, but I guess it wants to stick around a little longer. I am so excited about the projects that I will be sharing with you this week and I will also be sharing a couple more diy's with you. Can't wait.

I don't know about you, but Mondays are always a little hard for me, so I want to share something with you, that makes me happy. Looking at this picture brightens my day any time.

This bouquet was given to me by my hubby on our anniversary last week. Isn't it beautiful? I just loved it and it has some of the flowers from my wedding bouquet. How sweet.

To celebrate our wedding anniversary, we give each other the traditional gifts each year. So we started with paper on our first, cotton on the second, leather for third, flowers for fourth and wood for the fifth. I won't bore you with what we gave each other the past four years, but this year was especially exciting. We got our gift early and picked it up in Toronto, when we visited a couple of months ago. Hint Hint. I have been dying to share this with you and now I can. You see, when we visited Toronto, one place I just had to go to was the West Elm store. Loved it. I had never been to the West Elm in Toronto before and it was beautiful. Loved the location and I cannot wait to go back. Thank goodness they ship throughout Canada. Here are a couple of pictures.
Loved this couch! Too bad we didn't have a van!
Love, love, love their bedding!
I snapped these pictures with my Iphone. Not bad, huh? Did I mention that my phone died a couple of minutes later?

But what does all this have to do with my new bff title you ask? Well, you see, I had been admiring the Parsons desk for quite a while now and we were planning on buying one. I was browsing through the store and when I got to the back of the store, I found it. There was a white Parsons desk discounted at the back of the store. I was speechless and beyond thrilled. I checked it to see where the damage was and the only damage I could find was a little chip in one of the drawers. Can you see it? Barely visible. It was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than the original price. I couldn't believe it. The question was, will it fit in the car? Yikes!
Do you see the damage? I can definitely live with that. And the chair will cover it mostly anyways, won't it? It was one lucky day. Did I mention that we had been there before opening hours and had originally planned on going there that afternoon, but decided to go back after going to designer fabrics? Did I also mention that there were a couple of ladies checking out the desk a couple of minutes later after I told one of the salesclerks that I was going to take it? So my new bff = new best furniture find. Happy dance!

Sometimes you do find amazing deals, and the lesson learned here is to always head for the back of the store first. You'll never know what you will find! Have you found any exciting discounted things at the back of a store lately? 

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am so JEALOUS! I want that desk so badly but the shipping costs are crazy. Not to mention hubby said no more furniture buying - sniff.
    Congrats on your anniversary. How old were you when you married? Probably as young as I was!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...