Saturday 11 February 2012

Liebster Award

Happy weekend everyone! There was so much going on this week and I am just now getting around to writing about this. This past week I received the Liebster Award. I am so flattered and honored. The award was passed along from April, over at Money Pit Love


Thank you so much April! And I just had to share April's header with you. Isn't it gorgeous? Love it!



Some background: the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
  1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself.

And here are 5 random things about me.

1. In university I studied Italian and Spanish and loved every minute of it. So, when my husband and I traveled to Italy, he made me do all the talking. At the B&B where we were staying, the lovely couple that owned the place wanted to speak with me in Italian all the time (and my face was red every day, because I wasn't very good at it).  I would love to go back there and chat with them again.


2. My husband and I picked my engagement ring and our wedding bands together. He kept looking and didn't know what he wanted to buy, so he wanted us to look together. We were browsing an art gallery in the Byward Market in Ottawa, and came across these amazingly unique rings. We both felt we wanted something unique and different and these were it. The ring is designed by Allyson Simmie.


3. When I was three, my grandmother left a hot iron resting on the sofa and suddenly the power went out.  As I was trying to find my way around, I burned my hand on the iron. The skin was coming off and I was howling.  We went to the hospital and they put on some special stinky cream to help heal it.  To this day, I can remember that smell.

4. I was a big fan of the TV show Knight Rider with David Hasselhoff. So, when they announced the new Knight Rider a couple of years ago, I was so excited. I watched every episode, only to find out that they were canceling the show. :(

5. I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella and read almost every book that she has written. Even the ones that she wrote as Madeleine Wickham, but...I have not read any of her Shopaholic book series. And in case you are a fan of hers as well, you will be delighted to hear that she has a new book coming out on February 14th. The book is called "I've Got Your Number" and you can preorder it online. Can't wait!


And as the rules state, I have to select 5 other blogs that I picking for pass this on. Here they are:

1. Emily-Jane, from Not A House, But A Home
2. Kim, from A Girl called Kim
3. Victoria, from Edin's House
4. Amy, from aDESIGNDock
5. Gemma, from The Sweetest Digs

And now please go and give some love to these new blogs. Check out their cool projects, that they have worked so hard on. And thank you again April, from Money Pit Love for this Liebster. Have a great weekend everyone!
B

2 comments:

  1. I like your things and I will check out the blogs you've picked - have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Thanks. The blogs are great. Have a great weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...