Tuesday 29 March 2011

Baby feet and baby shoes

Babies. Babies have the most adorable little feet. I could look at them forever. The tiny little toes make pictures of baby feet artwork. Not this picture, but professional ones.



Babies don't really need shoes and when they start walking, the question always is, which shoes are the best ones for your baby. Well, the answer is: not so sure. Some say that the sole of a baby shoe (that is starting to walk) should be harder, and others say it should be made out of a softer and bendable material. This is what worked for us.

My son has had two pairs of shoes and he enjoyed both. We bought him his first pair of shoes, when he was about 4 months old. We wanted him to have a nice pair of shoes, so we chose Robeez. They had a nice flexible sole, they looked very nice and they were made of leather. Here is a picture. Aren't they cute? Sorry, but I couldn't find a picture of him wearing them.



His second pair of shoes have been used quite a bit, since he has started to walk and is almost at the point of running. We have hardwood floors in our apartment, so it was crucial to find a pair that had a non slip sole and I figured that a more flexible sole/shoe would be best. I had seen these shoes before, but wasn't sure what they were called.  I discovered Nowali. They are a Swedish company who creates these beautiful sock + shoe combinations. Love them. Fall was approaching but my baby was not walking yet. I didn't know what to do. Should I spend $40-50 on a pair of boots that he would never walk in? Well, I decided that I would buy these ones. As you can see they are in rough shape, because they have been used a lot. And I mean a lot. Isn't the lion adorable? I think it fits his personality. They have lots of different beautiful designs for boys and girls. It is hard to pick just one.



They would keep him warm and he can use them well after winter is over. We thought that he would learn to walk in them. And so it happened. Little by little he started to walk in them. They have a leather sole, so he doesn't slide on the hardwood floors. Perfect.



While he is still perfecting his walk, I know that they are keeping him warm and they give him the support that he needs. We have been very happy with them. This has been our experience. It is quite hard to take pictures of a very active baby boy, but he did strike one pose, that I just had to share with you. Here it is.



Did you know about Nowali? Are you using them? I would love to hear about your experience.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...