Monday 11 April 2011

Lavender Mood Board

Hello my dear readers. How are you? I hope you had a great weekend and got a chance to rest. Last week I shared a blue and white mood board with you. Well, this week it is lavender. A dear friend of mine has been dreaming of lavender and I figured I would put together a little something for her.

I was trying to create an airy and cozy little retreat after a long day. This mood board is for a bedroom, where you want to hang out, relax and recharge. The colours are subtle, cool and rich, providing a tranquil place (which is what my friend said she wanted). I have also attached a list of all the sources for the items in the mood boards. Hope you like it!



Mood Board Sources

1. Paint is by Sarah Richardson Paint. The colours chosen are Lilac (SR24), Dusk (SR39), Amethyst (SR54) and Honey (SR65) . Lilac would be a very relaxing colour and could be used as the main colour. You could do it on all the walls or Sarah Richardson recommends that you do it on an accent wall in combination with Honey (SR65). I think it would look fantastic either way.

2. I got my inspiration for this mood board from this gorgeous headboard. It is so elegant and luxurious. I love the sophistication that the tacks add to it. The headboard is by Sarah Richardson Designs.

3. I love this embroidered twig duvet set. Once I had decided on the lilac wall colour, and beige headboard, I wanted something that was going to add a little detail and pattern. The grey and beige will complement the lilac colours. The duvet set can be found at Simons.

4. Sometimes we want to work in bed and catch up on our emails. The Arstid lamp will give you the necessary lighting for that. It also has an adjustable head, where you can easily direct the light.

5. Depending on the layout of the room, this  Pjatteryd picture set can be added to one of the walls of the room or above the bed. It will add life to the room.

6. Certain rooms will need a mirror to add depth to the space. This Songe mirror has a silver finish, which would tie in beautifully with our colours.

7. If you would prefer something gourdeous, here is a gourd table lamp. I know gourdeous isn't a word, but I just had to add it in.

8. This birch side table not only adds some extra shelving, but it will match with the rest of the soft features of the room.

9. Everyone needs extra storage, whether it is paperwork, blankets or clothing. This Hemnes 3 drawer chest will add that extra space to tidy up all the little things.

10. Every bedroom needs some fun Ikat pillows. These silk ikat pillow covers are adding a pop of colour to the soft hues of the bedding.

11. If you want to have a more subtle look and the pop of colour is too much, these Zanzibar pillows will be great. They incorporate most of the colours into playful bright zebra stripes.

12. Every room needs some flowers and this vase will add the bold contrast to all the colours in the room.

13. The curtains will add personality and set a calming tone to your room.

14. This karlstad chaise adds another sophisticated element to the bedroom. It is the perfect place where you can curl up with a good book and relax. The grey colour also complements the grey in the duvet.

15. The Adum rug will add a soft base to the room and be welcoming to your relaxing haven. We have one and it is beautiful and soft. Love it!


Thats it for now. I hope you liked the mood board and found it helpful.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...