Sunday 10 April 2011

Of mice and art- Annie Tasse

When I thought of what to name this post, I thought of the artist's name. But on second thought, I didn't want to give it up right away. So, from the famous 'Of mice and men' came 'Of mice and art'. Mice and art, you say, yuck. Well, this doesn't belong in the yuck category, it's super cute.


This picture is one of many that Mont Tremblant, Quebec based artist, Annie Tasse has created. I love her paintings. They are fun, whimsical, playful, colourful, cheerful and the list goes on and on. The paintings are pure imagination, where she paints a still life object, but adds life with the help of her little mice who hide in her paintings. Sometimes they are hard to find, but they join in on the fun of the painting. The painting is a page from a children's story that would keep on being told.





Here are some more of her paintings.




Aren't they so much fun? Every time I look at them, I think the party has started and there is so much fun to be had. I leave you with this last one.



Enjoy the whimsical world of muffins, cupcakes, fruit, candy and little mice friends! And if you are visiting Mont Tremblant sometime, be sure to check out her studio in the heart of Mont Tremblant.

Wishing you a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...