Tuesday 12 July 2011

DwellStudio & Guest Room Pillows

Last week I shared my new headboard with you and blue was in the house. The headboard is blue, and so are the pillows. This makes me think of the everything is blue song, but I won't make you hear that. Well, when I was browsing some online fabric store, I came across the Dwell Studio Bella Porte in Navy. Don't you love it?
I was a little skeptical at the moment, but once I received it, I loved it. It is the perfect shade of navy. Not too dark, not too royal blue. Just perfect.
I had bought a yard and was hoping it would be enough for a couple of pillows. It was, and I got a small cushion beside those two.



I forgot to mention that I made these, while my friend was in the other room in case I was going to run into any major issues. I didn't have any issues, but after sewing the zipper on one, she offered to do the other two for me. Yay! I will definitely be trying it again soon.

I know I am teasing you now with the room, so I promise to share the reveal in a couple of days. I got all these pillows from one yard of fabric. And I am proud to say that I sewed these pillows all by myself. My first handmade pillows. It felt great making them and am now hunting for a sewing machine.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Those look great! I love the fabric. I'm impressed that it was your first time making pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,

    Thanks so much for your comment. Also, thank you for your kind words. The fabric is really gorgeous and I think it works really well. I did forget to mention that I only sewed the zipper on one and she did the other two. My friend has a Bernina sewing machine, which was so much fun and easy to use. I cannot afford a Bernina, but it is an amazing sewing machine and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric! I reupholstered a wingback chair for my daughter in this same fabric in grey! The pillows look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...