Friday 26 August 2011

Oh My Goodness!

I knew this day would come, but was not really expecting it yet. I bet you are wondering what. I wasn't going to post anything else today, but I just had to share this. Well, here it is. My baby just climbed out of his crib. How did he do it? I am not too sure, but I am completely speechless.

I checked him out to make sure he is ok and he didn't hurt himself. Thank goodness. I put him down for his nap and left the door open to his room. I am right next door and he was quiet as a mouse. I didn't hear anything. Nothing. Just saw my little munchkin walk out into the living room. Cannot believe it!

The picture above is older and we have since moved the mattress down, but I am still in shock. What do you do when your baby starts climbing out of his crib regularly?

Maybe tomorrow morning, I will have a walking alarm clock. Need to think of something fast!

Have a great weekend everyone!



6 comments:

  1. Wow, life changes when that happens! I can't remember what I did, except lower the mattress. It is when they start using the door knob you have to watch out! Kidding. I guess soon it is time for a big kid bed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have this problem with my son, but my daughter was a climber. It is time to put him into a big boy bed. He will try this little trick again and one of these times, he may not be so lucky as to not fall.

    P.S. Still no gift card from the giveaway :( What's going on with Cda Post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, believe it or not he can get to the door knob. He is only a year and a half but quite tall for his age. Wish me luck. A big boy bed already? I think we will wait until he turns two. We'll see. At what age do you start thinking of a bed?

    Mel-I am not ready for a big bed yet. When we lowered his mattress, I cried. I couldn't believe it that my baby was so big. He started to climb up around 6 months, believe it or not. As for the gift card, I cannot believe it. I am so sorry about this. I also sent something to Barbara and she never got it. It might take a while, since a letter from Ottawa got to me after 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's hard to see them grow up :) Every milestone means another change. Wouldn't it be nice if we could bottle them up when they are little and keep them like that? lol

    Each age comes with it's own challenges, but it's also really wonderful to see them grow and learn and become their own little people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel- You are completely right. I just wish I would have recorded him more as a baby. I should take more videos, as time really flies by. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, I remember those days... now we have a Grade Oner that won't sleep in his bed even though he's got THE coolest Transformers room on the block! I don't care though, I wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world. You too have a great weekend (and ps - I didn't get my gift card either but than again I'm out on the farthest possible West side of this great big ole' Country)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...