Monday 29 August 2011

Back to School Fun

Howdy all! I hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend before the back to school fun starts for all those parents and students out there. We had a pretty fun and easy weekend. It was nice on Saturday, but on Sunday the rain started and it has been raining ever since. The storm was not as bad as we expected. There were some trees down and people without power, but luckily we were not affected. I decided to embark on a mission this weekend, which was to work on a light fixture for our bedroom. Lets just say I have arrived at a standstill, where after a couple of burns from the good ole' glue gun and lots of hours, I am not sure where I want to go with it.

Back to school fun! One of those fun projects that got completed this weekend was a quick, easy and cute back to school diy project. I don't think I shared this with you, but when I was little I would love love love to write with chalk. I would always get in trouble for writing with chalk on walls, on windows etc. Yes, I was a wild child, but that was just because I loved writing with chalk and in school only the teachers got to write with it. Hmmm. I told myself two things: a) I had better become a teacher, b) I will have a chalkboard one day. After 20 some years, it was about time and there you have it. A little chalkboard in our kitchen. Yay!

What I used: -a MDF board (leftover from another project), and chalkboard paint
Here it is:

I haven't decided it, where its permanent place will be, so we haven't hung it up. Any ideas or suggestions on how to secure it to the wall? It is mdf, so it is a little heavy.

Stay tuned for my dye experiment, sorry meant to say project reveal!

Wishing you a great week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I am painting a chalkboard wall next week too! Waiting for the kids to go to school as my paint is oil-based - smelly! Yours looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...