Thursday 1 September 2011

Sarah Richardson Fabric Choices Part 1

If you have been reading my blog, you already know that I am a huge fan of Sarah Richardson. But then again, who isn't? She is an incredible Canadian interior designer and has incredible talent and taste. Last week, I shared the fabric that I found in Toronto, which Sarah used in her nursery.

Lately, I have been browsing different fabric sites and have across a couple of the fabrics that Sarah has used in some of her makeovers, so, I decided I would write a little post in case you were interested in using any of the fabrics that she used.

This is a photo of Sarah's nursery. 
As you can see she used the floral fabric for her armchair and the fabric is called, Panama Bari Sintra (left). For the little footstool she used Panama Bari San Remo Flor (right), pictured below. You can find both fabrics at Designer Fabrics in Toronto. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, they had both in stock and told me that they ship to anywhere in Canada. (probably even to the US, not sure about that one though).

 Next up, is the gorgeous industrial soul bedroom that Sarah redesigned for Sarah 101.

What stands out? Well, the exquisite fabric in the headboard and footboard for one, and that is the Schumacher Chiang Mai Dragon fabric.
I have attached a link in case you are interested in getting more info about it or want to purchase it, here.

Also from the series of Sarah 101, comes the following fabric. This episode was my absolute favorite episode. She transformed a rather average living room into a stunning, fun and sophisticated living and dining room. Loved it.

The fabric below was used to reupholster the chairs for the dining room. Don't they look great? Love the pattern as well.

The next fabric stems from the same episode. It has stems in it. I know not very funny. At least I tried. 
And here is the fabric. It is by Robert Allen and it is called Dahlia, Dove. This fabric also comes with an ivory background (Aegean) and with a dark charcoal, black background (Slate).

When I wrote about my trip to Toronto, I had mentioned that I was looking for a particular fabric that Sarah had used. I fell in love with this fabric and it is still my all time favorite. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found it online. I was giddy as a school girl. 
Sarah used it for the master bedroom for Season 1 of Sarah's House. It has been discontinued, but I found it for sale at Calico Corners and it is called Balla, Plume. 
Aren't they all gorgeous fabrics? Fabric heaven.

That is about it for now. I will end this here and will post the other fabrics that I have found next week. Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just love Sarah Richardson too - my fav!!! Those fabrics are all so lovely and the colours fabulous! Great post, I'll look forward to your other post on this too! Have a great day (and I received your note today too - really made my day!! Thank you...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a serious knack for finding the perfect textiles and pairing them together so effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Sarah's and love her fabric choices! Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is lovely! Come by and visit me at Home in Douglas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...