Saturday 8 October 2011

Giving Thanks

Saturday is here and in a couple of days we (Canadians), will be celebrating Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, because it is that time of year to reflect and give thanks for the things that are most important to us and for all that we are grateful for. I am so grateful for my little family, who cheers me on on the different paths or projects that I have ventured into. I would like to say a huge thank you to my hubby for helping me so much these past months to finish projects, watch our little munchkin and listen to all my decorating ideas. I have an amazing family and that is what is the most important thing in the world to me. Today we headed to a pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkin. My munchkin was beyond thrilled to see the tractor. Great memories.

Another huge thank you goes to all the amazing people, that I have met through my blog and to all my readers and followers. I am so happy to have you join me here and follow along as I try different projects. If you are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend, then I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and if you are celebrating Columbus Day, Happy Columbus Day to all my American readers.

I leave you now with something I made today for our Thanksgiving celebration. A super easy pumpkin pie, from my favorite cook, Tamra Davis. Hope you enjoy!

Tamra Davis Cooking Show – Pumpkin Pie Sleepover recipe

Pie Crust
3/4 stick of butter softened
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
pinch of salt
¼ cup of ice water
Put the butter, flour, sugar and salt into the Cuisinart. Slowly add the water. Blend until it forms a dough. Roll into a ball and then wrap it up in wax paper and put it in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
Filling
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
¼ cup of honey or maple syrup
¼ cup of milk
¼ cup of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 375. Blend filling ingredients in the Cuisinart until smooth. Roll out dough in-between two pieces of parchment paper. Approx. ¼ inch thick. Place the pie crust in the pie pan. Trim the edges so they look nice. Add the filling. Bake on a center rack for about 45 minutes or until it’s firm in the center. Let it cool. Serve and enjoy.
(http://www.tamradaviscookingshow.com/shows/recipes/tamra-davis-cooking-show-pumpkin-pie-sleepover-recipe/411)

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Columbus Day to everyone! Thank you so much for dropping by! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Beatrice! I will give your recipe to Hubby - he's the baker. I'm the cook and having both sides of our family over for turkey dinner today, wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving. Isn't it awesome how excited little boys get by tractors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see what projects you had up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you are Canadian. I visited Canada for the first time last month. My husband and I went to Quebec and Montreal. We love your country. It was just for a week, but it was a great vacation.

    This receipe looks very good, I'll give it to my husband as he is a better cook than I am.

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...