Monday 5 December 2011

Christmas Sea urchin

A little earlier, I told you that I managed to make a little Christmas decoration this weekend. Voila.


This is my little sea urchin that I made over the weekend. What do you think? And please be honest. Would you put this guy on your Christmas tree? 


It all started when I was looking at this ornament on our advent calendar. (below)


It reminded me of this post that I saw on apartment therapy's craft at Anthropologie, (link here). All you need is a foam ball, toothpicks, dye or spray paint. They recommend you go around the ball (equator) and then perpendicular to that and last you fill the empty spaces (or quadrants).


I figured I would make the craft and then spray paint the toothpicks and add some glitter. I spray painted mine white, but you can paint yours any color, silver, gold. They dyed the toothpicks in the post, but since I wanted mine white, I had to spray paint them. 


I am not 100% sure if they will stay on the tree, but I will see how it looks with all the Christmas decorations on. Hope they are not too big for our tree. Would love to know what you think of these on a Christmas tree. B

5 comments:

  1. Very creative! And whimsical at the same time, I love your idea.
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    Thank you for your comment. I am so glad you like it. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! Would definitely put them on my tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome! I found you over at Completely Coastal, now I'm going to give this a go. How did you attach it to your tree?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...