Sunday 31 July 2011

Easy Peasy Strawberry Mousse Recipe

Yesterday, I teased you with this picture. A little while ago, my hubby bought a big basket of strawberries and since the two of us and our little munchkin can never eat them before they start going bad, we have a little trick that we use. We make strawberry mousse.
Now, let me add this is not your regular chocolate mousse recipe, that I shared with you here, but a little different. This mousse is very light, fluffy and will not harden like your regular mousse. The quantities are not set in stone, since there isn't a recipe per se. So, bare with me.

All you need for this is:   2 small baskets of strawberries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 eggs.
How- to:
I used two little baskets of strawberries.

Clean you strawberries and cut them in quarters or cubes.

Add two tablespoons of sugar. (You might need to add more sugar later on, depending on how sweet your strawberries are. I ended up adding three more tablespoons, since it wasn't sweet at all.)
Separate your eggs and put the egg whites in the strawberry and sugar mixture.
Use your mixer and mix away. I have to warn you that it can get quite messy and recommend putting something over the bowl that you are mixing them in. In the beginning your mixture might look watery, but with time it will stiffen. You can also add another tablespoon of sugar. Keep mixing until you have soft peaks. 
And voila.
Have a fabulous Sunday and enjoy a little sweetness today!

Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...