Monday 3 October 2011

My Penny Treasure

Good afternoon everyone. October is here and fall has really settled in.  The cold weather, rain and hot chocolate have also arrived and there is only one week away until Thanksgiving. I cannot believe how time flies. I have not managed to do any decorating around our house yet. So this past weekend, I started a little project, which I haven't finished yet. Ugh. It involves some fabric and I was hoping to show you the final project, but unfortunately there aren't enough hours in a day.

One thing that I managed to do this weekend was to put up a wreath. It makes our door look a little more festive.
There is a little story behind my wreath and I will share it with you now. Have you seen this commercial before? My hubby and I love it and we always laugh when we watch it.
Don't you just love Ikea? Is there anything better than Ikea? Yes, an Ikea Sale. I hope I am not copying that from anywhere, because I just came up with it. Soooo, here is the story. Last year we traveled to the US and with some extra time one day, I popped into Michaels. Aaaahhh Michaels. I love you. And I saw the wreath, that I had been eyeing for a while.

I had seen this wreath before and wanted to buy it, but decided to wait until it was on sale. So, I had a peek around and found it. I had a 40% off coupon and decided that it was going to come home with me. I had a little munchkin who wanted to go outside, so I followed (ran after) him.

Well, when he came out of the store and got into the car, he sounded like the lady. He kept saying start the car, start the car, GO, GO, GO. I wasn't sure what was going on, until he told me how much the wreath was. It actually was on clearance and he paid...wait for it, wait for it...1 cent. Can you believe it?
I sure couldn't, until he showed me the receipt. I have just spent the last hour looking for it and I am so sorry to say, that I couldn't find it. I am not sure if you believe me, but if I ever do find the receipt I will share it with you. I never thought I would actually start a blog, so I guess my hubby or I chucked it.


One quick question, would you say the wreath is appropriate for fall, Thanksgiving or would say it is more for Christmas? Have a great Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What a score for just a penny! I think the wreath works well in any of the cooler seasons. You can dress it up with accessories (spiders, pumpkins, snowmen) if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...