Wednesday 8 February 2012

Pillow Love & Valentine's Day Accents

Is anyone else getting ready for Valentine's day? For some reason it doesn't feel like a big holiday to me, but I will be adding a couple of Valentine's day touches here and there throughout our house. One of those touches is this poster.

Isn't it gorgeous? 


You can purchase this gorgeous poster called Endless love over at Bodie and Fou.

This love pillow has made its way to our couch. I saw this pillow online and really wanted one, but couldn't find it anywhere. I really really liked it, so I decided to make my own.
I have just recently started to make pillows, after seeing Barbara's fabulous tutorials, but this was going to require some trim. Hmmm, how do you add trim when making a pillow? I used a great tutorial that Janell from Isabella and Max rooms posted on her site (how to make a trim edge pillow with a zipper closure). 

And after I finished the pillow, I simply cut the letters from black fabric and ironed them on with fusible web.

And voila. Adding a little love accent to our place. 


What little Valentine's Day additions have you made and added to your house decor lately? Any heart pillows perhaps?

I am working on a little picture switcharoo in our living room and will share pictures as soon as I am finished. Have a great day everyone!
B

3 comments:

  1. I love the "Love" pillow ... it's adorable! I should really try my hand at creating my own pillows: they look awesome. Nice job!

    PS ~ I awarded you a "Liebster" award ... check out my blog for details {http://moneypitlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-beliebster.html}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the award. I am so glad you liked the "Love" pillow. I find it simple and modern.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! Thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...