Monday 25 April 2011

Kitchen Makeover Part 1

When we first moved in, we didn't have a lot of time to paint, and since I had some leftover yellow paint, I painted the kitchen yellow. I didn't like it so much, but I thought it would grow on me. Well, it didn't. Also, some of my friends were telling me how much they disliked yellow in a kitchen. You know who you are. The challenge was on. I had to do something. So, this is part 1 of my kitchen makeover.

Here is a picture of our yellow wall. Yes, I know, the yellow looks horrible. Hopefully by the end it will be a gorgeous new colour.

Since we don't have a dining area, our kitchen serves as our kitchen / eating area / dining area. So, its the place where we cook, eat, hang out with friends and entertain. I wanted a warm and subtle colour. Here are some pictures of what I would like my kitchen/dining area to look like.
Isn't it lovely? It makes it so homey and inviting for people to sit around the table and chat. 
                                    
The above picture is from Sarah Richardson and she has some amazing tips on her website that you can check out. One of her tips is if you have a small space and don't need to entertain all the time to push the table against the wall. I love that idea, since its a must for our tiny kitchen.

Aren't they gorgeous? I love the welcoming feel that they have. Since my kitchen does not look like that, we will see what the final result will be. Off to the paint store I go. I will post some of my kitchen paint colours options later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...